Re: [Exim] conditional smarthost use (from a laptop)

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Aaron M. Ucko
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] conditional smarthost use (from a laptop)
Aaron M. Ucko wrote:

> * offline -- just queue mail locally, deferring all decisions
>              regarding which host to contact until online
> * online, at home (eth0's IP is 192.168.2.x) -- go through my ISP's smart host
> * online, elsewhere -- send directly to remote hosts

> Any advice?

http://www.hserus.net/exim.html

You might just stick to a single smarthost that you connect to using
SMTP AUTH - and I guess if your ISP blocks port 25 outbound, they aren't
blocking the MSA port 587, which is the RFC defined port for mail
submission - most webhosts / smtp providers will give you smtp access on
this port as well.

    srs

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)