Re: [Exim] Lists supported

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Lists supported
On Fri, 30 May 2003, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

> [1] In fact, presenting my original incorrect ACL in the configuration
> file didn't seem to produce any positive indication of error from
> exim; the test just shambled along and produced a meaningless answer.
> I'm not really complaining, but I might as well just paste a sample of
> what happened:

Exim isn't trying to clever about domain names. It read your list and
found and used "! rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net" as a domain name. This is
probably silly, and perhaps should be diagnosed. Note, however, that
although host names and email domain names are restricted to letters,
digits, hyphens, and dots, there is no such restriction on the domain
names of other records in the DNS. Although RBL records are A records,
nobody is pretending that their names are host names...

But I'm wriggling. Exim should probably complain.