[Exim] conditional smarthost use (from a laptop)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Aaron M. Ucko
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] conditional smarthost use (from a laptop)
Yesterday, my home ISP seems to have started blocking outgoing SMTP
traffic, requiring all mail to go through their smart host (which
also seems to be running Exim, incidentally ;-)). This change, while
somewhat annoying (I saw no warning, and would rather be able to
deliver mail directly), was no problem on my desktop, since I could
just tell it to use the smart host all the time.

However, it's more of a problem for my laptop, which may be in one of
three possible states:

* offline -- just queue mail locally, deferring all decisions
             regarding which host to contact until online
* online, at home (eth0's IP is 192.168.2.x) -- go through my ISP's smart host
* online, elsewhere -- send directly to remote hosts

Any advice?

I realize that I can just have a pair of configuration files
(generated from a common template?), but I'd prefer to be able to
stick to one, possibly in conjunction with a small external file
representing my laptop's state.

The machine is still running Exim 3, but I can upgrade it to version 4
if necessary.

Finger amu@??? (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.