Re: [Exim] dnslists modification (2nd time)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Wakko Warner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: Re: [Exim] dnslists modification
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] dnslists modification (2nd time)
> Yes, I understand what you're doing now. However, I think you should
> modify the syntax. I don't think putting the ! before = really makes it
> clear what's going on.
>
> To be more consistent with Exim's other configuration entries, it should be
>
> deny dnslists dnsbl.njabl.org=!127.0.0.3,!127.0.0.4
>
> This would be treated the same way that Exim currently handles host
> lists, address lists, etc. If the last entry in the list is negated,
> then any non-matching result is implicitly accepted.

I thought about this, but the list checking isn't in the same manner that
exim normally checks lists for which is why I did it this way. Normal exim
lists also accept *, which this does not.

I spoke to Philip in private email and I belive he prefered != (I originally
had =! since it was just a tad easier to code for). He also agrees with me
that this isn't a list in the normal exim sense as well.

Basically, it's either "Yes, I'll accept for this result" or "No, I will not
accept for this result (!= notation)" But from what you stated already, you
understand this part.

This doesn't change any functionality that's already in place, just extends
it so it's backwards compatible with older config files.