[Exim] ACL lookup syntax

Autor: Jeff Green
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] ACL lookup syntax
As 99% of incoming mail comes from trusted sources, I'm looking for a way
to modify and move a rule I've used in a system filter to an ACL to lessen
load on RBL systems.

if ("${lookup{${lc:$sender_address_domain}} lsearch
{/etc/exim/check.list}{$value}}" is "local") then...

check.list is comprised of domains and addresses with the following syntax:

somedomain.example: value
someone@???: value

where value can be one of local, white, or black.

My goal is to pass the ACL test (allow) for either of the first two values,
but in several readings of the (excellent) docs, my mind won't wrap around
the proper syntax. I'm open to other search types if they'll help, but
would rather keep a single lookup file if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeffrey B. Green                Personal Computer Consultant
http://jbgreen.com              Networking Las Vegas Since 1986