Re: [Exim] DNS RMX RR?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sven Geggus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] DNS RMX RR?
On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:30, Sven Geggus wrote:
> A DNS RR for simple SMTP sender authentication

Its not really a good title for it - its really proposing an IP/domain
link for authorisation of senders.

> And I was wondering if it would be possible to have exim behave like this
> RFC states?

I'd say its a little early yet... there are 2 alternative DNS syntax
proposals there. I would prefer to have the RFC at least in a later
draft form before releasing any implementations.

Could anyone enlighten me how much needs doing to resolvers and DNS
servers to support this? I assume there will need to be some degree of
underlying infrastructure rehashing to allow this stuff to be produced.
[Unless you hack it into the TXT records]

However it looks to me as though it would be relatively easy to support
within exim acls. In the early stages though it might be better done as
a scoring mechanism in spamassassin - ie add 4 points for incorrect RMX

We do need to work out appropriate exim acl syntax.

    Nigel.