[Exim] unknown local-part "admin" in domain ourdomain.com

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: k9register
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] unknown local-part "admin" in domain ourdomain.com
You replied.

Is there an alias for "admin"? What does 'exim -d -bt
admin@???' tell you?

Ok I ran the test you mentioned on all servers and here are the
results.

Sending Server 1 where the account admin@??? is setup and
has been for 6 months.

exim -d -bt admin@???

Exim version 3.36 debug level 1 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: DB 2.4.14: (6/2/98)
admin@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
failed to stat /home/admin (No such file or directory)

below is in the /etc/aliases file on sending server 1

ourdomain1.com
admin@???
me@???
mail.ourdomain1.com

this is in the /etc/aliases file on receiving server 2

admin@???
me@???
mail.ourdomain2.com
ourdomain2.com

Here is the result of your command on the sending server

root@server [/etc]# exim -d -bt admin@???
Exim version 3.36 debug level 1 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: DB 2.4.14: (6/2/98)
admin@???
deliver to admin in domain ourdomain2.com
director = virtual_user, transport = virtual_userdelivery

I sent off a test email from server 1 to server 2 and the email sits
in the queue and when try to force delivery it says

admin@??? D=userforward defer (-1) : failed to
stat /home/admin (No such file or directory

I get the same errors when trying to send or recieve any emails
between servers even clients who have a hosting account on both
servers can't send to their own addresses.

Generally the mail system on the both servers runs fine without
problems.

Thankyou for taking the time on this with me