[Exim] Re: Relay

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Relay
"Ricardo J. Michell" <rmichell@???> wrote in
8KAAAAQAAAANn8ZK7xlgEWyF2s+oifq/QEAAAAA@???:

> Now the question is:
>
> Why do I keep getting these messages in the mailog file.
>
> May 28 12:28:43 mail exim[28019]: 2003-05-28 12:28:43
> mercurio.getnet.com.br [200.185.46.13] in RBL list at xbl.selwerd.cx
> (warning mode)

It is because you are using xbl.selwerd.cx as a DNSBL. I would not
recommend using them - on their website they do not even recommend using
them themselves!! They are a bit 'rabid'.

In your Exim configure file find the section about DNS Black lists. Below
is what I use. I have even recently taken off blackholes.wirehub.net
because they have policy of blocking a whole netblock if there is one
spammer in the netblock. Personally I believe that is going a bit far.

PS

 # Block mail from hosts on Spamhaus and/or ORDB lists
  deny    message       = Rejected because $sender_host_address is in black
list at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
          dnslists      = dynablock.wirehub.net : relays.ordb.org :
sbl.spamhaus.org
  # blackholes.wirehub.net was used, taken off currently