Re: [Exim] bsmtp and suffixes options

Autor: Paul Warren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] bsmtp and suffixes options
On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 09:46, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On 27 May 2003, Paul Warren wrote:
>
> > The Exim 3 docs state explicitly that rewriting envelope-to is not
> > allowed at transport time - I assume that there is some good reason for
> > this as otherwise this would appear to be a solution.
>
> At the time I could see no reason for wanting to do this, and it would
> cause complications in how to log things. I reckoned (and still do, I
> think) that if you want to rewrite recipients, the time to do it is
> earlier, in the routers.

Fair enough. Unfortunately, using the suffix option on the director has
a side effect of rewriting the recipient.

I have two workarounds now. One is to write a wrapper to SA to do the
rewriting for me, the second is to use the transport_filter option to
run SA on every transport that does local deliveries.

cheers,

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com