Re: [Exim] '-f' switch for aliased users

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Richard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] '-f' switch for aliased users
> hello again, thought I'd try my luck again today ;)
>
> Is there an equivalent setup option for the old sendmail '-f' switch
>
> this would allow my web server (user=www-data) to send email as :
> someuser@???.
>
> at the moment it sends all mail being from :
>
> www-data@???

exim is sendmail compatible. I've used this before, but you must make sure
that your user (www-data) is a trusted exim user. See section 5 of the
spec.

I've been generally using this (for many years so the path stuck):
/usr/lib/sendmail -f "<someuser@???>" ...

If you're not under a shell, you can probably leave off the "