Re: [Exim] exim evaluation stumbling block

Página Inicial
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Novos Tópicos: Re: [Exim] SOLVED evaluation stumbling block
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim evaluation stumbling block
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:26:37PM -0700, Richard wrote:
> I am evaluating exim for a series of servers that run free web-based
> mail systems. (currently I am using RH7.3 and Sendmail)
> I am upgrading to Debian Woody which comes with Exim.

Hello,
You do not need to switch if you do not want to. Debian Woody includes
not only Exim but also sendmail, postfix, courier-mta and qmail.
(To name the major players)- Just choose what fits your needs.

There are quite well working Exim v4 RPM packages for RedHat 7.3, too.

> I have exim up and running but have the following question that I could
> not get satisfactorily answered from the archives.
>
> Q : can I use a '\n' delimited flat file for the list of allowed domains
> instead of domain1.com:domain2.com etc..

[...]

Yes. Both local_domains and relay_domains accept an argument of type
"Domain list", which can include a plain filename in the requested format.
(section "Domain lists" in chapter "The Exim configuration file". in
spec.txt.).

The named domainlists in exim v4 used for the same purpose work the
same way.
               cu andreas