Re: [Exim] Re: SIGCHLD complaints back in exim 4.20

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: SIGCHLD complaints back in exim 4.20
On 23 May 2003, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> The interesting part is that it looks as though this is caused by the
> verify code - if I comment out the line in my rcpt acl reading:-
>   require verify        = sender/callout=30s,defer_ok

> then I don't see the kernel message.  Just to make things even more
> obscure.  I can simplify that down to
>   require verify        = sender

> and I still see the same result *unless* the sender is a locally defined
> address (ie no DNS etc). There are no entries in the acl prior to that
> which would prevent that acl being run.

Hmm. Odd. There shouldn't be any subprocesses used in verifying a remote
address. There might be for a local address if .forward were used. That
is precisely the wrong way round.

> This implies to me that this is happening in the verify path, maybe in
> the dnslookup router (the only one run for remote addresses). It is not
> being seen for outgoing messages or locally run verify (ie exim -bt
> etc).

Even more strange, because the same routers should be used - assuming
you aren't playing games with verify_only etc.

The dnslookup router doesn't use subprocesses - but maybe your resolver
does?

> I'm rather foxed here...

Suggestion: you add code at the start and end of the dnslookup router to
write to the log. Then see if what you write surrounds the problem
messages.