Re: [Exim] /etc/spammers ....

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Warren
To: System
CC: Exim
Betreff: Re: [Exim] /etc/spammers ....
On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 11:49, System wrote:
> I am using Exim version 3.36 on redhat linux 7.3. I suspect that someone is
> spamming mails from my server. So I enetered his email address in the
> /etc/spammers file to reject all the mails send by him. But I found the
> following line commented in the exim.conf file.
>
> #sender_host_reject = +allow_unknown:lsearch*;/etc/spammers
>
> If I am not wrong this has to be uncommented to make it work. I am newbie to
> exim and does not know much about it.

Yes it does, but entering an email address into /etc/spammers is not
going to help you. What you need to do is end the the hostname or IP
address of the server that is sending you these mails. If this is in
relation to your previous mails, then please read the replies to that.
You will see that the mail in question is not from another server. It
is originating locally i.e. from *your* server, so you're going to have
difficulty in blocking it that way.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "someone is spamming mails from my
server". Do you mean that someone is using your machine as a relay to
send mails? If so, you need to fix your relay configuration. Or is
someone originating mails from your server?

As explained in other replies, the logs that you show do not suggest
someone using your machine to send spam.

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com