Re: [Exim] Protect again spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tom Kistner
Para: Brian K. West
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Protect again spam
Brian K. West wrote:

> I find that exiscan is more efficient than trying to pipe stuff thru
> spamassassin using routers... Since you can deny an email at SMTP time with
> exiscan.

Actually, you can do that with Marcs SA-Exim too.

Some differences between the implementations:

- SA-Exim is a local_scan() module, while exiscan is now a source patch.
- SA-Exim calls spamc, who in turn calls spamd. exiscan calls spamd
directly, which gains some performance (but is neglectable sue to SA's
phlegmatic nature).
- SA-Exim has more AntiSpam options.
- exiscan is now more flexible (ACL integration), but also has a steeper
learning curve (not so newbie friendly).
- exiscan has a wider scope, SA-Exim is SA only.

So if you're only interested in pure SA integration, SA-Exim (with the
dynamic loading option) may be what you are looking for. It is more
cleaner in the way that is does not patch exim.

regards,

/tom