Re: [Exim] Exim as a mail hub for Exchange

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Robert Brewer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim as a mail hub for Exchange
Robert Brewer wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I configured Exim recently as a (incoming only) mail hub for
> Microsoft Exchange Server (as part of my diabolical plan to
> eventually *replace* MSEX >:). I wrote up the process and figured
> somebody on this list might be interested:
>
> http://www.aminus.org/rbre/work/eximhub.htm
>
> Comments/corrections more than welcome.

<quote>
The /etc/exim/domains file contains a list of domains for
which we wish to receive mail. Each domain for which we receive mail
is listed twice, first as a regular expression, then as a single key.
The regular expressions allow us, in some uses of this file, to accept
mail at mail.amor.org, for example. It looks like this:

^.*amorhq\.net$
^.*amor\.org$
^.*amorministries\.org$
^.*amorministries\.com$
^.*comebuildhope\.org$
^.*comebuildhope\.com$
</quote>

OUCH! this would also handle noamor.org as a local domain, what you
wanted is

*.amorhq.net
*.amor.org

etc..

In general I would say, upgrade to exim4, exim3 development has been
stopped, so, for a new machine, it doesn't make sense to use exim3
anymore (Yes, there are debian packages for exim4)

Nico