Re: [Exim] LDAP(s) Auth/TLS problem

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] LDAP(s) Auth/TLS problem
man, 19.05.2003 kl. 05.20 skrev Reijo Pitkanen:

> Attempting to connect to a Windows 2000 PDC for LDAP authentication.
> Connecting from a Debian-woody-3.0/exim-4.20/exiscan-acl-06 box
>
> given the below authenticator, i'd been having no issues. LDAP
> authentication worked perfectly. When I added tls_cert/tls_privatekey and
> tls_advertise_hosts, I started getting LDAP lookup errors when connecting
> via ldaps:// (also reproduced below)
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know anything about AD / Openldap / Exim stuff.

> Does the TLS subsystem use the cert/key for ldap authentication?

Not for Exim, if that's what you're talking about. The certs are simply
used for encryption - ldaps and STARTTLS. Exim seems to accept
Openldap's (at any rate) public key without being told where to look for
the CA cert, so it should do the same for AD. OTOH and IIRC, AD can be
configured not to use port 636 - but whether it can use TLS on 389 or
not, I wouldn't know.

Best,

Tony

--