[Exim] Re: unix vs mbox

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mark Crispin
To: Marc Perkel
CC: imap, exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: unix vs mbox
If you have any follow-up questions, please send these to the c-client
list (or the comp.mail.imap newsgroup) instead of the imap list. The imap
list is for discussions of the IMAP protocol and not for software
questions.

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Should i be using MBOX instead of UNIX format? If so - do - what do I
> user to convert unix to mbox?

I assume that you mean "mbx" and not "mbox". "mbox" is simply a variant
of unix format that uses ~/mbox as the INBOX instead of the spool file.

If you mean mbx, then the answer is "probably yes" and further information
can be found in the UW IMAP FAQ.

> Can I have a file with mixed formats in
> the interrum?

You can't mix formats in a single mailbox, but different mailboxes can be
in different formats.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc