Re: [Exim] plain authenticator failed

Author: Paul Warren
To: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] plain authenticator failed
On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 14:49, Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad wrote:
> I have a repeating problem with my setup. Sometimes (when using my exim
> server as external relay with auth) I get the following error message in
> "exim_rejectlog":
>
> -------
> 2003-05-20 08:28:55 plain authenticator failed for (aarrestad.com)
> [129.177.43.16]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=asbjorn)

> What is the reason for this?

Difficult to say. SMTP AUTH can be a bit of a pig to get working, but
it's impossible to say what the exact problem is here without:

a) a copy of (the relevant parts of) your exim config
b) what mail client you are using

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com