Re: [Exim] ACL problem when reading ACLs from files

Author: William Thompson
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACL problem when reading ACLs from files
> Are you sure this is the case or am I misunderstanding you?

Yes, I'm sure.

> I have in the main conf:
>
> scorecalc:
>         .include /usr/local/exim/confs/scorecalc.acl
>         accept

I'm not using .include

> and in that file I have, for instance,

> and it works.

As it should, because it's read by the config file reader.

I'm using:

acl_smtp_rcpt = /some/file

The function for parsing the lines (I've been reading the source) does not
check for a \

static uschar *
acl_getline(void)
{
uschar *yield;
do
{
while (isspace(*acl_text)) acl_text++;
if (*acl_text == 0) return NULL;
yield = acl_text;
while (*acl_text != 0 && *acl_text != '\n') acl_text++;
if (*acl_text == '\n') *acl_text++ = 0;
}
while (*yield == '#');
return yield;
}

That's the entire function, as you can see, no checking for a \

I'm trying to think how to go about a modification.