Re: [Exim] strange save behavior from 4.14 to 4.20

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: david@grayskies.net
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] strange save behavior from 4.14 to 4.20
On Mon, 19 May 2003, david@??? wrote:

> We use a number of filters with the following form to seperate mail
> from various sources into subfolders on our IMAP server using exim:
>
> # Move freebsd-stable mail to its own folder
> if $h_to: contains stable@??? or $h_cc: contains stable@??? then
>    save "/home/grayskies/mailusers/david/.Mailing Lists.FreeBSD.Stable/"
>         finish
> endif

> Up through exim 4.14 on my FreeBSD 4.8 system this worked without a
> flaw. This morning we upgraded to 4.20 and all of a sudden all mail
> started appearing in the main Inbox. At first we thought something
> had gone wrong with the filter, but a look at the debug output shows
> that the filter runs perfectly and runs the correct save command, but
> the mail ends up being saved in the top level folder regardless. I've
> included our maildir transport section and the debug output below. If
> anyone has any idea what might be happening we would love to have our
> folder sorting back. ;)

You will have to change your configuration so that the appendfile
transport that you use for deliveries from the filter does NOT contain a
setting of the "file" or "directory" options. This change has shafted
you:

34. Changed (incompatibly, but hopefully not so it affects anyone) the
    appendfile transport in the case when it is called directly as a result of
    a .forward or a filter file requesting a delivery to a file. Previously,
    any settings of "file" or "directory" were ignored in this case. Now they
    are used. The path received from the router is in $address_file (as
    before) and can therefore be included in the expansion.

Obviously, my hope was a false one. Sorry about that.