[Exim] load balancing on recipient..?

Author: JPiper
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] load balancing on recipient..?
Hi,

I have tried everything I can think of but with no joy. Here is what I
want to do:

I have a MX record that maps to multiple servers so that mail sent to the
MX address is shared between the multiple servers. This works.
The problem is that I regularly get messages with 30 cc's and currently
they all go to one host which is not what I want to do. Ideally what
I want is to retransmit the message for every cc back to the address and
have them redistributed by the dns. The overhead of doing this
is trivial compared to the processing that is done on the messages.

I have tried the following:

putting two directors in, one (forwardfile) which uses a exim filter to
mail it back out based on a condition, and a default which pipes the mail
to the
processing application
tried it with the address in the local domains list and without (by using
routers to conditionally determine whether it is local or not)

**but what is happening is that it is either not working or it knows that
when I send a new message out to the same domain it regards it as local
and delivers it instead of sending out again to be redistributed.**

I am using Exim 3.35 on Debian 3.0

Any help would be much appreciated...

James Piper