Re: [Exim] Re: how to use smtp with exim

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: how to use smtp with exim
On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 05:56:42PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> At 09:37 AM 5/18/2003 +0200, Patrick Starrenburg wrote:
>> * Finally - you need to upgrade. Exim 3.x is not supported anymore -
>> well not supported in the sense that Exim is open source and most people
>> here in this forum have moved to Exim 4.x a long time ago and their
>> minds don't think Exim 3.x anymore.

> That says a lot, it does ... "Is there a debian package available?

Gotcha. ;-)
Yes, there are debian packages available.
http://packages.debian.org/exim4

> Is it in debian stable?

Nope. But there are up-to-date backports, linked from
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/

> I'm scared mommy, I don't want to upgrade!!!" :)

Just for reference: I don't think the original poster needs to update,
he has not stated his purpose clearly, but AFAICT he is just using
exim to push outgoing mails to his smarthost and to deliver (directly
or with procmail) his mails which are passed on by fetchmail, a very
simple task which exim3 can perform _exactly_ as well as exim4.
           cu and- Using Debian 3.0 -reas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"