[Exim] regexp, match, start of string (^) weirdness

Página Inicial
Autor: Christian Balzer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] regexp, match, start of string (^) weirdness
Hello,

I'm stumped, confused and utterly sure there is a very simple explanation
for this which will make me look quite silly, but that's OK as long as
I stop wasting time figuring it out. ;)

I'm trying to move the bogus/spam sign helo traps from the central
filter to the new acl_smtp_helo, based on the example by William Thompson
from the start of this month.

2 sample lines from the ACL, I copied William's one match verbatim to
make sure I'm not seeing pink elephants:
---
{match{lc:$sender_helo_name}{\N^gol.com$\N}}\
{match{lc:$sender_helo_name}{\N^\[?\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+\]?$\N}}\
---

If I feed a helo of "gol.com" or "[33.33.33.33]" (w/o the double quotes of
course) to that ACL respectively, it does NOT match. However if I remove
the "^" it does, but of course matches more than I want it to.
So where is my error here, it shouldn't need any further escaping asides
from \N, does $sender_helo_name have some extra characters at the start?
It obviously has nothing extraneous at the end.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services