[Exim] Re: how to use smtp with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: how to use smtp with exim
Sam Rosenfeld wrote:
> I am trying to use Exim as my MTA, but I cannot construct a proper exim.conf
> file that includes all the necessary smtp info. I have tried unsuccessfully to
> get the information from the exim manual and sample exim.conf files.
>
> Using Debian 3.0, Exim3.35, Fetchmail6.2, and Linux2.2.20.
> At the moment I am operating as a single user.
>
> Can some knowledgeable soul point me in the right direction for help?
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
>
> sam

Sam

* You would need to provide more specific information than "all the
necessary smtp info"
* The standard documentation is in the Exim spec document which should
be in your Exim package or online at www.exim.org this is your first
resource for understanding Exim
* You can search the mailing list at Exim site
* Finally - you need to upgrade. Exim 3.x is not supported anymore -
well not supported in the sense that Exim is open source and most people
here in this forum have moved to Exim 4.x a long time ago and their
minds don't think Exim 3.x anymore.

PS