such lines as:

From: <td width="361" valign=bottom@???>
<samanthaorg18@???>
Sender: <td width="361" valign=bottom@???>
<samanthaorg18@???>

then fetchmail sends the following message to me:

Reporting-MTA: dns; localhost

Final-Recipient: rfc822; jones@localhost
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:30:14 +0200 (CEST)
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: 501
<Received:from105.183.205.243@???;May>:
"@" or "." expected after "Received"

As I read it is possible rewrite the header before the
syntactical check
(if I understood right) using exim's rewrite function with
the S flag.
But I am not an IT expert and I don't really understand how
the rewrite
rule should be set up.
Is there a "regular expression" which matches these non-standard
headers so exim could find out which address to rewrite?

The second question is: when I put the line
postmaster "jones"
in my .fetchmailrc file, the fetchmail-daemon could not send
the mail
about the error because exim complained about "unqualified
address".
I had to change this line to
postmaster "jones@localhost"
because exim did not qualify the address with qualify_domain.
Why?

Thanks in advance.

--
jONEs