Re: [Exim] compiling exim if user exim not exists

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: viclists, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] compiling exim if user exim not exists
At 18:03 +0600 2003/05/15, vic ismakaev wrote:
>Hi,All!
>I want to compile exim on system where user exim not exists.
>Is it possible?
>I've set environments variables
>EXIM_USER=exim
>EXIM_GROUP=exim
>and these variables in Local/Makefile.
>But when I've do make, I've got errors
>Building configuration file config.h
>
>*** User "exim" (specified one of the Makefiles) does not exist.
>     Please review your build-time configuration.

>make[1]: *** [config.h] Error 1

excuse me, but doesn't the error tell you what you should do? If you
have no user and group exim, why are you setting EXIM_USER and
EXIM_GROUP to that value?
There is no need to use those specific values, choose something
sensible that does exist on the build system. For instance this could
be:

EXIM_USER=smmsp
EXIM_GROUP=mail

Giuliano