Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Kelv
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Kelv wrote:

> People often have vanity mail.theirdomain.com type addresses pointed at
> ISP mailservers. I would find it hard to believe it is not possible for
> Exim to cope with this :(

I'm afraid I haven't followed this thread, but of course Exim can cope
with "vanity domains". Exim can handle any number of domains, either
treating each one separate, or treating groups of them as synonyms for
the same thing. And indeed it can rewrite as necessary. You just need to
tell it what to do...

Since the subject is to do with backup MX, all that is needed there is
to permit Exim to relay for those domains it is a backup for. Using the
default configuration, this just means making sure they match the
domainlist relay_domains. You can list them explicitly, put them in a
file, put them in a database, or any of the other ways Exim can handle
lists.