Re: [Exim] exim3 sender verifications *except* for certain R…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andreas J Mueller
To: Vineet Kumar
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim3 sender verifications *except* for certain RCPT domains?
Hi Vineet!

> If what I'm trying to do sounds like a dirty hack, it's because it is =)

I see. Thanks for pointing out the intricacies of Exim 3 sender
verification. Since I started with Exim 4.04, I never made it that
far in the Exim 3 book. *g*

> Currently, I have one domain for which I'd like no verifications at all;
> just accept everything. This particular user has expressed that
> rejecting false positives is unacceptable.

There is an option called recipients_reject_except in Exim 3. It is
supposed to be used for Postmaster addresses, which should accept mail
even if it got refused due to other policy checks. Although not
documented in the book, this is probably an address list. I don't
know, however, whether it overrides sender verification. Just try
setting it to "p.com" or "*@p.com" and run some tests. Sure, it's an
all or nothing switch, but if your user deems false positives
unacceptable, he should be prepared for some increase in spam (hehe).

> It seems unlikely that there would be code in place to do this, and I'd
> rather just move to exim4 than patch and run a custom exim3.

Your current solution does not sound too bad, and what you're trying
to achieve is almost trivial using Exim 4 ACLs. You should really
upgrade (do I sound like Nico now?).

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>