Re: [Exim] IP based filtering for aliases?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Konrad Michels
CC: Marc Perkel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] IP based filtering for aliases?
On 13 May 2003, Konrad Michels wrote:

> There's got to be a way to do it within exim though - even the MTA
> included with Exchange lets you do this if I recalls correctly from the
> last time I was forced to touch an Exchange install . . .

Of course there is. In fact, there are probably several ways.

> > >I've got an alias setup which distributes to various people in the
> > >organisation, lets say for example "lusers@???". I'd like
> > >to be able to restrict mail coming into this alias to only allow
> > >incoming mail from our internal IP address range.

This is the "closed mailing list" problem, except that you are
restricting the hosts rather than the senders. You can

(1) Put a condition on the router (using "condition" to test
$sender_host_address) so that the router is skipped when the message
comes from elsewhere. This will cause deliveries and verifies to bounce.

OR

(2) Put something in a ACL along the lines of

   deny  recipients = lusers@???
         hosts = ! 1.2.3.0/24

OR

(3) There's probably another way...