Re: [Exim] Exim 3.3x -> 4.1.x conversion difficulty?

Góra strony
Autor: Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net]
Dla: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.3x -> 4.1.x conversion difficulty?
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> I did not use conver4r4 when I did my conversion; rather, I rebuilt my
> configuration from scratch so I could take advantage of all the new features ot
> Exim 4.x (which actually simplified my configuration a great deal). That was
> back with 4.0x; there have been so many things added since then I'd for sure
> want to do it that way no.
>
> However, I am not an ISP, and don't host any virtual domains, we're really just
> a single-domain with lots of spam trapping and filtering, and using amavisd for
> virus scanning. I don't consider that a complicated configuration, but your
> opinion may differ :-)

We are a smallish ISP and used the conver4r4 tools, and the resulting
configure file was aok.

The only oddity we had was that one of our engineers (*likely me*) put a
hard copy of the 3.3.6 binary where a symlink should have been. As a
result, every time we tried to launch the upgraded exim (until we figured
this out) we got configure syntax errors.

-CA