Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: William Thompson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kelv
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)
> Further to my previous message, I think what it is is that the secondary
> mx doesn't think it is the host listed in dns as secondary MX.
>
> Back when I was running sendmail on it, it was known by multiple names,
> stored in /etc/mail/local-host-names. That way it could recognise itself
> as being any of the following..

You can do something like:
domainlist local_domains = /etc/mail/local-host-names

or add that file to the local_domains list.

If they aren't all local, you will need to split them into local domains and
relay_to_domains

You can use files for this if you wish.

> e.g.
> mail.myhost.com
> relay-1.somewhere.com
> mail.thisdomain.com
>
> .. so it didn't matter if the secondary MX for one of my domains was
> mail.myhost.com or relay-1.somewhere.com or mail.thisdomain.com, Sendmail
> would still accept that it was known by those names and act as secondary
> MX as required.

Also make sure in your RCPT acl, you have:
    accept    domains = +relay_to_domains
        endpass
        message = unrouteable address
        verify = recipient

or atleast just:
    accept    domains = +relay_to_domains

I have 2 servers that do secondary mx for eachother and not having any
problems.