Re: [Exim] exim 4 and NUL character

Author: Dmitry Alyabyev
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 and NUL character
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 2003, Dmitry Alyabyev wrote:
>
>> transport_filter = /usr/bin/tr -d \\000
>
> What actual arguments are you trying to pass to tr? Exim's string
> expansion means that the second argument will be the string "\000". Is
> this right? Try a test delivery using Exim's -d option. The debugging
> output should show the arguments that are actually used.

yes, it's right
this command will delete all occurrence of character with octal code '000' from
stdin and pass the text to stdout.
'exim -d' shows that all NUL chars were successfuly deleted from my test message
and cyrus got it ok.

it there any case when transport_filter will not be called ?

--
Dimitry