Re: [Exim] spam

Author: Konrad Michels
To: Sherona Hoosen
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] Tarpit spam
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam
You need something akin to this - although the delay bit is optional . .
.:

deny    message         = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a
blacklist at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists        = sbl.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.2
        delay           = 4m

deny    message         = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a
blacklist at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists        = opm.blitzed.org=127.0.0.2
        delay           = 4m

deny    message         = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a
blacklist at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists        = relays.ordb.org=127.0.0.2
        delay           = 4m

deny    message         = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a
blacklist at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists        = spews.relays.osirusoft.com=127.0.0.2
    delay        = 4m

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 12:26, Sherona Hoosen wrote:
> --
> Hi
>
> I added the following to my configure file under ACL's and it still doesn't work
>
> deny message = Host is listed in $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text)
> dnslists = sbl.spamhaus.org/$sender_address_domain :\
> postmaster.sbl.spamhaus.org/$sender_address_domain
>

> Am I missing something.
>
> I tried just uncommenting the lines that are there and changing the dnslist to sbl* ie
>
> deny    message       = rejected because $sender_host_address is in a black list at $dnslis
> t_domain\n$dnslist_text
>           dnslists      = sbl.spamhaus.org

> That doesn't work either.
>
> Also how do I go about blocking spam from my own list as we used to on exim3
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Cheers
> Sherona
> --
>

> --

===============
ADVANCE NOTICE:
NB!!! Please note that Konrad will be on leave (and therefore not very
contactable or useful even when you can contact him) from Friday,
June 13th 2003 until June 29th 2003, both dates inclusive. I will be
back in the office on June 30th 2003.

*
* Konrad Michels
* System Administrator