Re: [Exim] Colon(s) in mailbody

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sorensen, Per
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Colon(s) in mailbody
On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 11:31, Sorensen, Per wrote:
> I assume (from testing) that it has something to do with the colons(:), but
> why do they get interpreted ?

You haven't said how you are injecting the message, but I assume that
you are doing the equivalent of:-
/usr/sbin/exim recient-address <<EOT
Asset   : cph-demo-04
PemID   : PEM_4042
AppClass: NT_CPU
SrvClass: ALL_COMPUTERS
Text    : cph-demo-04: High CPU utilisation, CPU__Total at 99.00%
Severity: Critical
Path    : Hong
EOT

Exim is not an MUA - ie its not really intended for end-user use, so it
expects to be handed a valid email message, consisting of some headers,
a blank line, and a body. Headers are basically lines starting with a
word followed by a colon and some values - ie the lines you are sending.

I guess something is then throwing out the message because your headers
are bogus, and required headers are missing.

You should either push your message through an MUA of some sort, ie
cat msg | Mail -s "appropriate subject" recipient-address(es)

or you should prepend a set of appropriate headers and a blank line to
the set of data you are putting into exim.

    Nigel.