Re: [Exim] problem using tls_verify_hosts parameter - second…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Juergen Edner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem using tls_verify_hosts parameter - second try
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Juergen Edner wrote:

> last week I posted my question about tls_verify_hosts to
> this mailinglist but haven't seen any answer until now.
> Have I missed something or does nobody know anything
> about it? Excuse my impatience ;-)
>
> > I am playing around with server side TLS configuration
> > at the moment. TLS in general is working but now I want
> > to use the tls_verify_hosts parameter to improve security,
> > which doesn't work at all.
> > The Exim debug log shows an "peer did not return a
> > certificate" error.

Presumably it means what it says. Your server wants to verify the client,
but the client did not send a certificate. The solution to the problem
is to give the client a certificate and configure it to use it.

> > Has anyone successfully enabled this feature and can give
> > me a hint how to configure different email clients to
> > send a certificate?

I can tell you how to make Exim (as a client) do it, but I don't expect
that's what you want. :-)