Re: [Exim] -t and Resent- header lines

Author: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] -t and Resent- header lines
On Fri, 9 May 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> My patch to the emacs sendmail.el tools removed some broken half-assed
> attempts to parse message headers in an attempt to discover the
> destination addresses instead of just letting the MTA do it. The latter
> is of course the right thing to do for all sendmail-compatible MTAs,
> except for Exim when there are resent-* headers present, as we've since
> discovered.

For the record, here is the status on this issue:

When I have finished processing my email this morning, I will take a
look at the code to see how easy it would be to make Exim behave like
other MTAs. If the change is very small, I will slip it into 4.20, which
I want to start building today. If the change is more complicated than I
would like, I will investigate producing a patch once 4.20 is released.