Re: [Exim] OT: Sizing a virus checking engine

Author: John Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT: Sizing a virus checking engine

Hi,

Many thanks to those that responded with suggestion/ideas
(Stefan, Dennis, Mike & Tom in particular)

Must confess, I was using sweep rather that the sophos daemon,
will run some tests with that later.

I am already running with some RBL checking but will look into
the other RBL stuff you mentioned - thanks.

I'm not getting into the XXX versus YYY processors etc argument,
my days of tweaking stuff for optimal performance are over. I like
SUNs so I shall just buy one that is big enough to do what I want
out of the box.

Many thanks

              Cheers, John

J.Brooks, Information Systems Unit, Manchester Metropolitan University,
Chester Street, Manchester M1 5GD, England
Tel: (+44) 161 247 6090   Fax: (+44) 161 247 6359  EMail: J.Brooks@???