[Exim] Sendmail mailertable functionality in Exim

Autor: Kelv
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Sendmail mailertable functionality in Exim
Hello,

Part of my transition from Sendmail to Exim requires me to set up the Exim
equivalent of mailertable. For those not familiar with it, mailertable is
a text file of entries like so...

domain        protocol:[destination]

e.g.
example.com    esmtp:[some.other.mailserver]
whatever.org    esmtp:[yet.another.mail.server]

Using this, you can forward mail for a domain on to another host via smtp
delivery, as if that host (specified in the []s) was on the MX list for
the domain.

e.g. of how the mail ends up being routed..

example.com
MX 10 this.server
MX 20 relay.server

other.server is not in MX list, so ordinarily mail for example.com would
never have arrived. With mailertable, it can.

In mailertable on this.server I put...

example.com    esmtp:[other.server]

I can rewrite the file in whatever format Exim will take it, as long as I
can get the above functionality. e.g.

example.com    other.server

... or whatever will work with Exim.

I found an example on this list from some time ago but it didn't work, so
I presume it was for Exim 3.

Kelv