Re: [Exim] -t and Resent- header lines

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: WJCarpenter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] -t and Resent- header lines
ph> Where does emacs add its Resent- header lines? Does it obey 2822
ph> or not?

No simple answer to this one. As you have no doubt heard, emacs does
something else besides send mail as it's primary task (can't recall
what it is at the moment, but I'm sure it's documented :-). It's
also, uh, customizable.

emacs does not have anything like what you would call an architecture
for email. Instead, it has an amalgam of packages written by separate
authors doing what they think is right. There are, in fact, multiple
MUA-like packages in popular use, and there are multiple "middleware"
packages which help those MUA-like packages talk to MTAs. For any
package that starts to look comprehensive and the right place to
implement any correct way of doing things, there are vast tracts of
emacs users who use something else entirely. It would be possible but
startling if all of the MUA-like packages were consistent on a point
like this.

For example, the MUA-like package that I use (an out-of-date version
of VM) does prepend the RESENT-TO: header, but it also gives complete
customizability as to what other headers are included in the resent
message, and in what order those headers should appear.  Regardless of
all that, VM lets me manually edit the headers as text in any way I
desire.  (Cue the organist "... but with great power comes great
responsibility".)
--
bill@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119