RE: [Exim] exim in two subnets

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Marco Gomes
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] exim in two subnets
OK ... it is easy (a server on 10.10.107.0 would not have worked !)
You can set two exims, on each location.
Both servers accept mail for domain.com but are named
smtp1.domain.com and smtp2.domain.com (possibly being MX 1
and 2 for domain com).
Each server has an alias list of user that read mail in the other
server, that point to addressess such user@???
If the mail arrive to the "correct" server, the is delivered, if does not
then will be sent to the other server.
If you do niot like having to configure the two server with addresses
you could set the server to forward all e-mail with non existent
users to the other server after changing the address.
Of course this works only if there are exactly 2 servers (where the
alias file mathod would work for any number of servers) and you
shuol;d not that forward should occour anly for addresses of the
type "@domain.com"while for the others (@smtpn.domain.com) a
not found is really a not found.

Eacjh server has a list of local users