Re: [Exim] Sender callout verification only for certain doma…

Author: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users ML
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sender callout verification only for certain domains
On Fri, 09 May 2003 16:22:43 +0200, Andreas J Mueller wrote:

>>   deny    domains  = +local_domains
>>           !domains = EXIM_VIRT_DOM_DIR/no_callout
>>           !verify  = sender/callout=20s/check_postmaster

>That should probably be more like
>
>    deny    domains  = !EXIM_VIRT_DOM_DIR/no_callout : +local_domains
>            !verify  = sender/callout=20s/check_postmaster

Can you explain why you changed the order of the two lists? Just a matter of
optimization? (Because no_callout is a subset of +local_domains.)

And what is the difference between

             !domains = EXIM_VIRT_DOM_DIR/no_callout

and

             domains  = !EXIM_VIRT_DOM_DIR/no_callout

?

>But why do you want to restrict callouts for local_domains? Exim will
>perform callouts only for addresses which are routed to remote SMTP
>servers. This is not normally the case with local domains.

Huh?! I think you got something wrong there.

I would like Exim to check whether senders addresses in messages to local
users (i.e. to virtual domains I host) are valid. Exims does this by
performing a "callback" to the sender's MX.

What you are probably referring to is recipient verification, which isn't my
point.

Thanks,

Ralf

--