Re: [Exim] no message log for message frozen by local_scan

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] no message log for message frozen by local_scan
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 03:31:05PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Correct. Merely receiving a message does not create a message log file.
> I don't know why I did it that way, come to think of it. Maybe it should
> create the message log on reception, and write the <= line to it. What
> do people think?

That would be very useful. It's much quicker to -Mvl a message on the queue to
see what's happened to it, than to grep the logs on a busy system. Also, if the
logs have rotated and been compressed that further slows the process of
tracking the email.

If you have a short rotation cycle, you may even find yourself with a message
on the queue and no logs.

Cheers,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???                  020 7903 3065