Re: [Exim] Odd problem with SQL and reconnecting.

Author: William Thompson
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Odd problem with SQL and reconnecting.
> >It appears that on 2nd connections, exim or the mysql lookup is not using
> >the DNS to get the IP address.
>
> It might or might not be related - we have seen something vaguely
> similar(although using LDAP) wenn using nscd on the mailhost(running
> debian/linux), sometimes queries got deferred because the LDAP-server
> could not be resolved.
> Removing nscd immediatly solved this mystery for us . . .

Don't have nscd installed:
un  nscd           <none>         (no description available)

I wasn't sure if it was mysql specific or not, but I'm not exactly
surprised.

This isn't something that happens occasionally, it's 100% repeatable for me.

bind 8.3.4 is installed on this machine and is a secondary for the internal
electro-mechanical.com domain. My nameserver according to /etc/resolv.conf
is 127.0.0.1

I can not use bind9.