Re: [Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch

Autor: Norihisa Washitake
A: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch
Hi,

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I wrote a small patch to enable decoding the headers before
> > filtering if necessary.
>
> There is a Wish List item about this. My feeling was that it should
> happen automatically (because many users won't understand it), because
> we now have $rheader_ for "raw" headers.

I see. I made it happen automatically when header value is acquired.
The new patch is available at my page:

http://washitake.com/mail/exim/mime/index.php.en

You can make exim use 'iconv' in character set conversions
by editing the end of Local/Makefile after applying the patch.
It's now capable of handling UTF-8, Big5, or any language
that your iconv supports.

I understand something around linebreaks are not compatible
with the existing versions, and I will corrected that in a
while.

Regards,
--
Norihisa Washitake
Dept of Earth Sciences, Sci, The Univ of Tokyo