Re: [Exim] sender callout query

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sender callout query
Hi ODHIAMBO!

> I am using sender callouts on one of my secondary MXes but apparently
> invalid addresses still go through, like this one below.
> This message is then passed to my primary MX, failed, then a bounce
> cannot be sent to the originator ;-)

Yahoo.com is special, because they reject invalid addresses after the
DATA phase. Thus a callout done by Exim will not discover that this
address is invalid. Some well known spammer addresses are an
exception, but for most other yahoo.com addresses the above holds
true. AOL.com is similar, they will accept any RCPT to their
addresses and generate a bounce mail later. Some spammers still fail
to realize that AOL names may consist only of letters and numbers. *g*

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>