[Exim] Vanishing connections?

Author: Nico van der Dussen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Vanishing connections?
Hi,

I'm testing the spamhaus.org spam reduction stuff - just adding
warnings for now till I'm sure it works ok. Seems to pick up most of
the spam and no false positive yet.

In my logs I now get messages of attempts to send mail, but no
disconnection/ completion messages for that attempt.

2003-05-05 18:47:56 no host name found for IP address
66.118.181.73
2003-05-05 18:47:58 H=(nizwun.com) [66.118.181.73] Warning: found
in sbl.spamhaus.org

It seems as if the connection just vanished into thin air. Netstat also
does not report any "live" connection on this domain.

My ACL line in the standard Exim config is below:

warn    message       = X-Warning: $sender_host_address is in a black
list at $dnslist_domain
           log_message   = found in $dnslist_domain
        dnslists      = sbl.spamhaus.org

Is this normal behaviour, or is there something to worry about?

Thanks

Nico

N van der Dussen
VDDi