Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc MERLIN
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?
On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 12:31:42PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> On 3 May 2003, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
>
> > > If your load is above smtp_load_reserve, your host will reject connections
> > > from hosts not in smtp_reserve_hosts.
> >
> > Thanks Nico. I did read the spec, as I said and understand that. As well
> > as finding examples on the Internet.
> >
> > But in what /units/ is "load"?
>
> IIRC it's "How many processes fight for CPU-ressources".

No, it's how many processes are in the run queue.
They may be there because their CPU timeslice has expired, but it could also
be because they're waiting on some I/O resource for instance.

This is one of the interview questions that I give. You'd be surprised how
many people equate load to CPU only.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key