Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 failed to open DB file

Author: Oliver Egginger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 failed to open DB file
Am Fre, 2003-05-02 um 18.18 schrieb Philip Hazel:
> On 2 May 2003, Oliver Egginger wrote:
>
> > failed to open DB file /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp: Permission
> > denied (euid=8 egid=12)
>
> What DBM library are you using?

I test it with db2 and the db3 library.
Namely
libdb-3.3.so and libdb2.so.3

libdb1.so.2 results in a linker failure,
as far as I remember.

I will do some more test.

I only changed a symbolic link named
/usr/lib/libdb.so
which points to the effective db library.
Then I start the make process to build the binary.

That should be suffice or not?

> > transport_check_waiting entered
> > sequence=1 local_max=500 global_max=-1
> > locking /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
> > locked /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
> > LOG: MAIN
> > failed to open DB file /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp: Permission
> > denied (euid=8 egid=12)
> > SMTP>> QUIT
>
> Strange, because it presumably created that file at some stage.

Yes.
Maybe it had something to do with my db librarys?
I am using the (maybe specific) RPMs from Mandrake.

Next thing I will try, if I can have normal db access.
During a lookup for example.

-oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger@???>