Re: [Exim] Invalid Sender: headers

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas J Mueller
Para: Phil Chambers
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Invalid Sender: headers
Hi Phil!

> Are others experiencing the same? I presume so.

I have always had a condition in the DATA ACL that rejected
unqualified recipients in the To: header, because a lot of spam that
comes in has simply "To: You" or similar recipients. If a remote
host really wants to use unqualified names, it's not my mail system
that I consider broken.

> My problem is that the rejection message is so uninformative
> (Administrative prohibition) and I get the job of tracking the
> problem in the rejectlog to see what the specific problem was. I
> don't see how I can use message in the ACL to report the reason
> because I can't tell whether it is the Sender:, Reply-To: or From:
> header which has generated the failure.

Set smtp_return_error_details in your configuration file, that should
at least give some meaningful error message back to the sender. You
may also want to set sender_unqualified_hosts to make Exim accept the
unqualified addresses from a few broken, but otherwise accepted,
hosts.

Regards, Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>