Re: [Exim] different configuration for different users

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Leonardo Boselli
Subject: Re: [Exim] different configuration for different users
Hi Leonardo!

> that accesses from eth0 see exim3 with configuration A
> that accesses from eth0:3 see exim4 with configuration B
> that accesses from eth1 (only 192.168.143.0/24) see exim3 with
> configuration A
> that accesses from eth1 (lower 256) see exim4 with configuration
> that accesses from eth1:2 see exim4 with configuration D

Ah, another port binding problem. ;) If it were not for the specific
handling of the eth1 interface, I would suggest binding multiple Exim
instances to only the relevant interfaces, using local_interfaces or
-oX option.

However, you say that configurations A, C, and D differ only in relay
permission settings. Thus, if you could make the transition to
Exim 4, you'd be able to use $interface_address in an ACL condition to
distinguish between the different interfaces, and act accordingly.
The special handling of eth1 would then not be necessary any more, and
you can still have a completely different Exim running on eth0:3.

Regards, Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>